A PROMOTER OF SOFT AND HARD TISSUE REGENERATION
Straumann® Emdogain® is a well-researched, easy-to-apply gel containing enamel matrix derivative originating from unerupted porcine tooth buds. As a component of embryonic tissues it is designed to promote predictable regeneration of hard and soft tissues lost due to periodontal disease or trauma.
The main component in Straumann® Emdogain® is amelogenin, which assembles into an insoluble matrix under physiological conditions. The matrix has the proven ability to stimulate various cell types involved in the wound healing cascade of soft and hard tissues (mesenchymal stem cells, osteoblasts, fibroblasts, periodontal ligament cells and cementoblasts) towards a regenerative pattern.
COMBINATION WITH BONE GRAFTS
The product may be ideally combined to enhance the biological performance of bone graft materials, like maxresorb® and cerabone® and collagen products like the mucoderm® or Jason® membrane [1,2].
1-wall intrabony defect before and eight years after periodontal regeneration with Emdogain® (Dr. G. Heden, Karlstad, Sweden)
Intraosseous defect before and two years after treatment with Emdogain® (Dr. J. Doobrow, Cullman-Al, USA)
Picture with capillaries:
Emdogain® stimulates angiogenesis (Prof. M. Ågren, Copenhagen, Denmark)
– Induces true periodontal regeneration as evidenced by human histological studies [3,4]
– Easy to apply in difficult accessible defects and in minimal invasive procedures
– Shows less complications compared to membranes  – Well researched and published in 800 scientific and 200 clinical publications
– Based on ten-year long-term evidence in intrabony and recession defects [6,7] – Stimulates bone formation and angiogenesis [8,9] – Available in three different volume sizes allowing flexible treatment options
– mucoderm® and Straumann® Emdogain® surgical guide – Zucchelli technique
– Root Coverage with Straumann® Emdogain® and mucoderm®
– Straumann® Emdogain® product brochure
– Straumann® Emdogain® wound healing brochure
– Basic information on the surgical procedures with Straumann® Emdogain® to support oral wound healing
– Straumann® Emdogain® Literature list
– botiss product portfolio
Order your free printed copy here.
GET IN TOUCH!
Our experts will answer all your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
– NEW! Oral wound healing
– Intrabony and wide intrabony defects
– Gingival recessions
– Class I-II furcation defects
– Extraction site
 Shirakata et al. Clin Oral Invest. 2016
 Stähli et al. J Periodont 2016
 Sculean et al. J Periodontal Res 1999
 Heijl et al. J Clin Periodontol 1997
 Jepsen et al. J Periodont 2004
 McGuire et al. J Periodont 2012
 Sculean et al. J Clin Periodontol 2008
 Miron et al. Clin Oral Invest. 2014
 Kasaj et al. J Periodontal Res. 2012