08:30-09:30 Welcome & Registration
09:30-10:30 “Alveolar bone management around dental implants: Resection and predictable Augmentation”, Dr. Husain Mohammad
10:30-11:30 The different techniques and approaches to ridge augmentation 1, Dr. Salem AlAqel
11:30-11:45 Tea Break
11:45-12:45 The different techniques and approaches to ridge augmentation 2, Dr. Salem AlAqel
12:45-14:00 Lunch break
14:00-15:00 All About Ridge preservation, Dr. Ali Abdulwahab
15:00-16:00 The use of 3D collagen matrix for augmentation of the peri-implant soft tissue, Dr. Gregor-Georg Zafiropoulos
The use of 3D collagen matrix for augmentation of the peri-implant soft tissue
Gregor Zafiropoulos, DDS, PhD, Professor for Periodontology
Implant placement in general often necessitates an increase of the soft tissue volume. Different augmentation techniques have been described showing the connective tissue graft as the gold standard. However, the use alternatives in order to increase soft tissue volume/thickness as a part of implant site development and prevention of the buccal bone wall resorption recently attracts significant attention. For that reason, simultaneously to implant placement, a 3D collagen matrix can be fixed on the periost of the buccal bone site and covered with the mucosa flap. Clinical measurement of the tissue thickness and biopsies after follow-up show significant increase in soft tissue thickness as well as angiogenesis and new mature connective tissue covered by keratinized epithelium. Also no residual 3D collagen matrix can be discovered and without any bone resorption.
Different flap designs will be presented in case of immediate implant placement as the implants can be immediately loaded with provisional crowns. The use of 3D collagen matrix in those cases could significantly increase the thickness of peri-implant soft tissue and can be used as an alternative to connective tissue graft.
All about ridge preservation
Ali Abdulwahab, BDs, MClinDent, MPerio (RCSED)
The aim of this lecture is to discuss the different surgical techniques of ridge preservation, including their indications, principles and complications.
By end of the lecture you should be aware of:
– Indications of ridge preservation
– Principles of surgical flaps, incisions and preparation of extraction site for ridge preservation
– Minimal traumatic extraction of a tooth and socket preservation
– Flap closure, suturing techniques and surgical handling of tissues
– Rationale of guided bone regeneration/application of biomaterials
Alveolar bone management around dental implants: Resection and predictable Augmentation
Dr. Husain Mohammad
– Review the Anatomy and anatomical landmarks of the maxilla and the mandible
– How to achieve a predictable hard tissue augmentation prior to dental implants placement
– How to achieve a predictable hard tissue augmentation simultaneously with dental implant placement
– When to Resect alveolar bone to meet the restorative demands of the final prosthesis.
– Emphasis the importance of Surgeon/Prosthodontist communication in treatment planning for dental implants
VENUE: Millennium Hotel and Convention Centre Kuwait, 4th Ring Road Salmiya, Abou Thar Al Ghafari St Safat 13154 Salmiya, 29370, Kuwait